- Cake and the finest wines known to humanity (eating out)
- Creating precious childhood memories or something (days out)
- Facts! And facts are important!
- Food in cages! Walking around! Or maybe some alpacas! (Farms and zoos)
- Just wandering….
- Token attempts at culture (museums)
- Token attempts at exercise (leisure centres)
- Token attempts at fresh air (parks)
- What I suppose you'd call "tips"….?
- animals art baby blogging boats breastfeeding buses cafes cake carousel cbeebies Central London choo-choo! Christmas cinema coffee days out dinosaurs dogs ducks East London eating out festivals fire engines fish giveaway giveaways groupon holidays horses ice-cream LolliBop London London Eye map monkeys museums music musical instruments nature (really?!) nee naw! North London paddling pools parks pirates playground playgrounds prizes pubs rainy day places sandpits school-age kids science shopping slides snow soft play southbank centre South London summer holidays swimming swimming pools swings theatre Toddler-Friendly Cafe Awards toys trains travel tree fu tom tube war water play West London where to live zoos
Monthly Archives: July 2011
There’s nothing like a bit of controversy and Battersea Park is nothing if not controversial. It’s home to the Adventure Playground that made it into the national news for charging £2.50 per person. Britain truly was Disgusted of SW11. But … Continue reading
Who doesn’t love a Google map?
So, it turns out that Ben & Jerry’s Festival is another one of those things which is actually less fun with a toddler. Another shocker! The lazing around on picnic blankets becomes charging around other people’s picnic blankets. The 8 … Continue reading
Ode to the new Victoria Line trains Feel like I’m in space Every time I look at you I think you’re really ace There’s room inside for me and Roo You take me to a place In fact you go … Continue reading
(or…what I’ve learnt today) #1 Pret a Manger picnic in “Euston Plaza”. Your toddler will chase the pigeons. The pigeons will eat your lunch. The old guy next to you will shake his head despairingly. There are a lot of … Continue reading
OK, this is one for a nice sunny day…Not a slightly cloudy, very cold Saturday in March. But maybe that’s just me. London Wetlands Centre – feels like the countryside, despite being just south of Hammersmith (and “rural” is not … Continue reading
You know what a soft play is. They’re the things that knacker your toddler out but you as well, they make your hair static and if your toddler is wearing Primark trousers, it makes them static too. I have learnt … Continue reading
This is another London-Mother staple. It’s fairly central, easy to get to and they don’t mind you sitting there for hours without buying anything. But they also have a cafe (and a bar!) selling tea and coffee, a soup and … Continue reading
Not the most promising title, I know…. We have some friends that live in New Cross and they were having a BBQ today (in the rain…cause we’re British). Roo was getting restless inside, so we took him to the park … Continue reading
So, you can find this stuff…. mappy goodness