- Cake and the finest wines known to humanity (eating out)
- Creating precious childhood memories or something (days out)
- Facts! And facts are important!
- Food in cages! Walking around! Or maybe some alpacas! (Farms and zoos)
- Just wandering….
- Token attempts at culture (museums)
- Token attempts at exercise (leisure centres)
- Token attempts at fresh air (parks)
- What I suppose you'd call "tips"….?
- animals art baby blogging boats breastfeeding buses cafes cake carousel cbeebies Central London choo-choo! Christmas cinema coffee days out dinosaurs dogs ducks East London eating out festivals fire engines fish giveaway giveaways groupon holidays horses ice-cream LolliBop London London Eye map monkeys museums music musical instruments nature (really?!) nee naw! North London paddling pools parks pirates playground playgrounds prizes pubs rainy day places sandpits school-age kids science shopping slides snow soft play southbank centre South London summer holidays swimming swimming pools swings theatre Toddler-Friendly Cafe Awards toys trains travel tree fu tom tube war water play West London where to live zoos
Tag Archives: museums
It’s probably time for me to snap out of my denial – the summer holidays are well and truly with us. We have the best part of 7 weeks until Reuben starts Big School and it could be hard work. … Continue reading
It was International Museum Day yesterday. Did you remember? We did, cause we celebrate a lot of these kind of days. Over lunch we made the unlikely decision to go to Greenwich, so I could revisit the National Maritime Museum … Continue reading
This is a guest post by Angus Carbarns, blogger and travel writer. He’s previewing some of London’s half-term activities because we are skipping off to countrysideshire again. Yes, you read that right. Two trips to the country in one month. … Continue reading
You’ll be surprised to know that this was the first time I’d taken Roo to visit the British Museum. We’d been there twice before but didn’t see a single exhibit either time. Pathetic, I know. The first time was a … Continue reading
Blimey, that was a short half-term, wasn’t it? Easter hols are suddenly on us and with them two weeks of preschooler-boredom to fill. Still, there’s lots out there to do and we intend to do some of it. As should … Continue reading
Now, this really stretches the bounds of what you could describe as “London”. It’s on the cusp of non-London land, but it’s this side of the M25 so it counts. It’s Adventures With Gravel turf, but I was meeting Gravel’s … Continue reading
Today, I took the kids to a museum. Are you shocked yet? No? OK, this post won’t actually shock anyone in any way. I just thought it was a great picture to post at the top of the post. It … Continue reading
Happy Valentines’ Day! Reuben and I made these lovely heart-shaped chocolate brownies for Nathan as a secret surprise. It wasn’t the most secret or surprising…in fact, the secret was hinted at yesterday morning, when Reuben sent Nathan off to work … Continue reading
This’ll be a brief one cause it’s sort of skirting round the edge of other posts if that makes any sense. It makes no sense. I don’t think I’m capable of making sense any more. I have just started writing … Continue reading