- Cake and the finest wines known to humanity (eating out)
- Creating precious childhood memories or something (days out)
- Facts! And facts are important!
- Food in cages! Walking around! Or maybe some alpacas! (Farms and zoos)
- Just wandering….
- Token attempts at culture (museums)
- Token attempts at exercise (leisure centres)
- Token attempts at fresh air (parks)
- What I suppose you'd call "tips"….?
- animals art baby blogging boats breastfeeding buses cafes cake carousel cbeebies Central London choo-choo! Christmas cinema coffee days out dinosaurs dogs ducks East London eating out festivals fire engines fish giveaway giveaways groupon holidays horses ice-cream LolliBop London London Eye map monkeys museums music musical instruments nature (really?!) nee naw! North London paddling pools parks pirates playground playgrounds prizes pubs rainy day places sandpits school-age kids science shopping slides snow soft play southbank centre South London summer holidays swimming swimming pools swings theatre Toddler-Friendly Cafe Awards toys trains travel tree fu tom tube war water play West London where to live zoos
Tag Archives: swings
You wouldn’t think that eating cake and drinking coffee in pursuit of London’s Most Toddler-Friendly Cafe would cause any aggro, would you? Well, it hasn’t really, but after I visited Dulwich Park Cafe with Maria I did get some “feedback” … Continue reading
The first time we visited Dulwich Park it didn’t go well. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but here goes with a tale of what is possibly Nathan’s worst birthday ever. The year was 2004. The birthday was … Continue reading
Once again I’m blogging to you from the hour beyond midnight, where I’ve given up on any immediate sleepy notions and plonked my toddler in front of some strange gibbering creatures. And by a remarkable coincidence, a strange gibbering creature … Continue reading
You may already know this from the Facebook page, but yesterday, we made the epic trip from SE11 to SE12. It wasn’t as easy as it sounded. As any London geek knows, postcodes are ordered alphabetically rather than geographically, so … Continue reading
So let me tell you a story, all about my day. It’ll have some interesting bits, honest. We’ve been in rural Hampshire for a week, so decided to go for maximum contrast by spending our first day back in Brixton. … Continue reading
I have exciting news. So exciting that I had to call Nathan at work and tell him. For phone-related reasons, he had to put me on speaker and so I think he was quite relieved when my exciting news turned … Continue reading
This is going to be a complete mish-mash of a post, and for that I apologise. But there is reasoning behind it – I have a very special post planned for post number 2-0-0 and it’s going to co-incide with … Continue reading
This is the update I actually meant to post yesterday, instead of getting a bit of a rant on. But yes, I do feel better for it. Thanks for asking. Yesterday’s post contained a lot of words and almost no … Continue reading
I have a couple of previous connections with Ladywell Fields. The first is that I used it as the name of a 1930s transvestite in a choose-your-own-adventure-poirot-spoof I wrote for a friend of ours. Along with her friend Victoria Busstation. … Continue reading