- Cake and the finest wines known to humanity (eating out)
- Creating precious childhood memories or something (days out)
- Facts! And facts are important!
- Food in cages! Walking around! Or maybe some alpacas! (Farms and zoos)
- Just wandering….
- Token attempts at culture (museums)
- Token attempts at exercise (leisure centres)
- Token attempts at fresh air (parks)
- What I suppose you'd call "tips"….?
- animals art baby blogging boats breastfeeding buses cafes cake carousel cbeebies Central London choo-choo! Christmas cinema coffee days out dinosaurs dogs ducks East London eating out festivals fire engines fish giveaway giveaways groupon holidays horses ice-cream LolliBop London London Eye map monkeys museums music musical instruments nature (really?!) nee naw! North London paddling pools parks pirates playground playgrounds prizes pubs rainy day places sandpits school-age kids science shopping slides snow soft play southbank centre South London summer holidays swimming swimming pools swings theatre Toddler-Friendly Cafe Awards toys trains travel tree fu tom tube war water play West London where to live zoos
Tag Archives: choo-choo!
I’m writing this from an underground train on the Northern Line, heading towards Waterloo. Earlier today, we got the bus from Kennington to Euston. You may be forgiven for thinking that this is all we do every Saturday – obsessively … Continue reading
It’s the news that all of you have been waiting for….the full LolliBop line-up has been released! I remember well this nervous waiting from when they announced the Reading line up every year, and in 1999 my (now) brother-in-law made … Continue reading
I love gifts. Who doesn’t? My children certainly love gifts. For weeks after Christmas, Reuben would bound up to Nathan as he got home from work, demanding “what present you bought me today?”. And gifts are even better if they’re … Continue reading
Don’t you hate those blog posts that are just strings of unconnected things in a rambling kinda way? Well, I’m not in love with writing them either but this week there seems to be SO much I need to share … Continue reading
Well, a preschooler really. But let’s ignore that particular Inconvenient Truth. So, we went back to Beanies, Croydon today. Last time I visited, it was with a 3-week-old baby and no Reuben. It was lovely and mellow and peaceful. This … Continue reading
Well, this is quite a moment. In case you hadn’t realised, this is my 100th post. Most blogs I’ve started have stalled around post#11, so this is quite an achievement. Thanks to everyone who’s come along for the ride so … Continue reading
The Ruskins are coming! The Ruskins are coming! So said Roo’s Godmother, waking from a Camberwell-induced nightmare. If, unlike Auntie Savage you have no fear of the word “Ruskin”, why not head to Ruskin Park in Denmark Hill to take … Continue reading
I kinda assumed I’d done this one already being as it’s local and large-ish. Turns out I hadn’t. So, here goes… Vauxhall Park is another one of those fairly eclectic type parks that has a bit of something for everyone. … Continue reading
So, you may be reading this blog and thinking “Why Katese11 (for that is my real name), it’s all very well recommending all these lovely places to take my toddler but how the heckatty do you actually get to any … Continue reading