- Cake and the finest wines known to humanity (eating out)
- Creating precious childhood memories or something (days out)
- Facts! And facts are important!
- Food in cages! Walking around! Or maybe some alpacas! (Farms and zoos)
- Just wandering….
- Token attempts at culture (museums)
- Token attempts at exercise (leisure centres)
- Token attempts at fresh air (parks)
- What I suppose you'd call "tips"….?
- animals art baby blogging boats breastfeeding buses cafes cake carousel cbeebies Central London choo-choo! Christmas cinema coffee days out dinosaurs dogs ducks East London eating out festivals fire engines fish giveaway giveaways groupon holidays horses ice-cream LolliBop London London Eye map monkeys museums music musical instruments nature (really?!) nee naw! North London paddling pools parks pirates playground playgrounds prizes pubs rainy day places sandpits school-age kids science shopping slides snow soft play southbank centre South London summer holidays swimming swimming pools swings theatre Toddler-Friendly Cafe Awards toys trains travel tree fu tom tube war water play West London where to live zoos
Category Archives: Token attempts at culture (museums)
This might have been a bit of a treat for Nathan as well as Roo. Two boys, 70,000 pieces of Lego…how do you think it went? The event was a workshop at the Royal Academy of Arts, to tie in … Continue reading
It was International Museum Day yesterday. Did you remember? We did, cause we celebrate a lot of these kind of days. Over lunch we made the unlikely decision to go to Greenwich, so I could revisit the National Maritime Museum … Continue reading
You’ll be surprised to know that this was the first time I’d taken Roo to visit the British Museum. We’d been there twice before but didn’t see a single exhibit either time. Pathetic, I know. The first time was a … Continue reading
Now, this really stretches the bounds of what you could describe as “London”. It’s on the cusp of non-London land, but it’s this side of the M25 so it counts. It’s Adventures With Gravel turf, but I was meeting Gravel’s … Continue reading
Today, I took the kids to a museum. Are you shocked yet? No? OK, this post won’t actually shock anyone in any way. I just thought it was a great picture to post at the top of the post. It … Continue reading
Editor’s note: This is a guest post by my good friend H’s Mama. She has a child roughly Eva’s size and she writes proper academic stuff under her real name. LWAT takes no responsibility for her rogue photography or improvised … Continue reading
This was meant to be in the last post, but that one went on a little bit, didn’t it? Turns out there are a lot of hours to fill while Roo’s at nursery and E and I enjoy being Girls … Continue reading
I haven’t been to the Tate Modern for a long time. Not in fact, since I had a baby boy who was the same age as my baby girl is now. We were overdue for another visit, especially as Roo’s … Continue reading
I’ve been hurt here before. Last November, we trekked from Victoria to check out the newly-revamped Kids’ Zone, but there were no tickets left. Understandable on a Saturday afternoon, I guess. In April, about to pop with Eva, I went … Continue reading