- Cake and the finest wines known to humanity (eating out)
- Creating precious childhood memories or something (days out)
- Facts! And facts are important!
- Food in cages! Walking around! Or maybe some alpacas! (Farms and zoos)
- Just wandering….
- Token attempts at culture (museums)
- Token attempts at exercise (leisure centres)
- Token attempts at fresh air (parks)
- What I suppose you'd call "tips"….?
- animals art baby blogging boats breastfeeding buses cafes cake carousel cbeebies Central London choo-choo! Christmas cinema coffee days out dinosaurs dogs ducks East London eating out festivals fire engines fish giveaway giveaways groupon holidays horses ice-cream LolliBop London London Eye map monkeys museums music musical instruments nature (really?!) nee naw! North London paddling pools parks pirates playground playgrounds prizes pubs rainy day places sandpits school-age kids science shopping slides snow soft play southbank centre South London summer holidays swimming swimming pools swings theatre Toddler-Friendly Cafe Awards toys trains travel tree fu tom tube war water play West London where to live zoos
Monthly Archives: January 2013
It may seem like madness to get on a bus and pay for the privilege of watching Peppa Pig at the cinema, but “it may seem like madness” is the foundation on which this blog is built, hey? Tuesday mornings … Continue reading
I’ve just been to the supermarket and someone I didn’t know came up to me and told me my baby was ugly. I was reeling from that whenever person stepped up and said that my little boy was a bit … Continue reading
Do you sometimes feel like the Universe is trying to tell you something? I felt like that this morning. I was reading a blog post by Slummy Single Mummy, which featured a picture of a rainbow cake. Minutes earlier I … Continue reading
Just a few pictures, really. To reassure you that I’m not as bad a mother as you think I am. For every stressful, disappointing snow day and crazy mission there’s also a good romp around in the park with his … Continue reading
Yesterday was a day when lots of straightforward things went wrong. Today was a day when complicated things went right. That’s a nice change. Let’s not dwell on the hours it’s taken me to get Eva to sleep, and the … Continue reading
Apparently there’s been some weather of some sort today. You wouldn’t know it from Facebook, would you? The last time we had settling snow in South London was last February and you may recall how I singularly failed to do … Continue reading
For once I’m not going to say much. London is once again getting on with its life – the buses are running again, the shops and bars are open. There isn’t the same sense of fear there was … Continue reading
As you may have noticed if you regularly read this blog, Eva and I have an ongoing project to see how far we can get during Roo’s nursery time. Today may have been pushing the boundaries a little. We often … Continue reading
What do you understand by the meaning of “treats”? Are they something you carry around in your handbag to entice stray puppies? Or not so-stray-but-easily-distracted puppies? Maybe that’s just me. Anyway, I’ve been musing on what a 3-year-old might consider … Continue reading