- Cake and the finest wines known to humanity (eating out)
- Creating precious childhood memories or something (days out)
- Facts! And facts are important!
- Food in cages! Walking around! Or maybe some alpacas! (Farms and zoos)
- Just wandering….
- Token attempts at culture (museums)
- Token attempts at exercise (leisure centres)
- Token attempts at fresh air (parks)
- What I suppose you'd call "tips"….?
- animals art baby blogging boats breastfeeding buses cafes cake carousel cbeebies Central London choo-choo! Christmas cinema coffee days out dinosaurs dogs ducks East London eating out festivals fire engines fish giveaway giveaways groupon holidays horses ice-cream LolliBop London London Eye map monkeys museums music musical instruments nature (really?!) nee naw! North London paddling pools parks pirates playground playgrounds prizes pubs rainy day places sandpits school-age kids science shopping slides snow soft play southbank centre South London summer holidays swimming swimming pools swings theatre Toddler-Friendly Cafe Awards toys trains travel tree fu tom tube war water play West London where to live zoos
Tag Archives: paddling pools
Yes, that’s Eva – toddler extraordinaire, at Brockwell Park water play this morning. Which was mostly functioning, unlike last Monday when it was dry as the proverbial bone. Should you find yourself in a parched pool, here’s an updated list … Continue reading
(I started writing this on Sunday, so for argument’s sake…let’s say it’s still Sunday when you read it) It’s been a long and complex day, so buckle up baby, I’m gonna tell you all about it, in excruciating detail. This … Continue reading
Well, this is quite a moment. In case you hadn’t realised, this is my 100th post. Most blogs I’ve started have stalled around post#11, so this is quite an achievement. Thanks to everyone who’s come along for the ride so … Continue reading
With Roo at nursery every afternoon, our spontaneous-outing count is at an all-time low. So, when he did a morning shift instead for a day, I seized the opportunity and picked him up at 13:30 for a Spontaneous Outing. I’ll … Continue reading
I know I’ve covered Walthamstow once or twice already, but here we go, back up the Victoria Line. It was a glorious sunny day, so perfect for an open-air ukulele/banjo/violin/vocal gig. Particularly when the lovely Miss T is playing her … Continue reading
Another sunny weekend, another shameless cash-in! Here it is – the LWAT guide to paddling pools and sandpits. Yes, those are volcanoes. Sand volcanoes. Enjoy!
The Ruskins are coming! The Ruskins are coming! So said Roo’s Godmother, waking from a Camberwell-induced nightmare. If, unlike Auntie Savage you have no fear of the word “Ruskin”, why not head to Ruskin Park in Denmark Hill to take … Continue reading
Cynical, moi? That’s what I ask myself as I look at my search engine terms (“paddling pools in London”), then decide to write a post based on that exact thing. I like to think of it as less cynical, more … Continue reading
It’s always risky to go back to old hurts. You just know you’re opening yourself to being hurt again, just like every time Rachel forgives Ross only to be once again told that they were on a break. Heart-wrenching stuff. … Continue reading